Jumat, 27 Januari 2012

Today's (Jan 27) Biggest Transfer News: Part 2

This transfer window seems to actually have deals going on now as we enter the final 5 days of thid January window. Of course, the headlines are led by the news that Carlos Tevez will not leave Manchester City before the summer as said by his agent. So, here is a part 2 of today's biggest transfer headlines as we will look at the meaning of all these rumors.

Napoli striker Edinson Cavani drawing interest from Manchester City and Liverpool.
Napoli star Uruguyan striker Edinson Cavani has some interest from Premier League sides Manchester City and Liverpool but Cavani has played down the interest from Roberto Mancini's side. Cavani has become one of the best strikers in Serie A as he had helped lead Napoli to the top of Serie A and the Champions League knockout rounds while both Manchester City and Liverpool are not in the Champions League knockout rounds. The pricetag that Napoli would probably ask for is around 35 million euros and both Manchester City and Liverpool could probably put up that type of money but Napoli definitely doesn't want to sell their star striker as they get ready to try to win the Champions League. Liverpool is a surprise team interested in Cavanin due to the fact that they are not even close to being in the Champions League for next season as of right now. Cavani would be a great striker signing for Kenny Dalglish but Liverpool may not be willing to spend a lot of money in January after 35 million euro signing Andy Carroll has had no success at Anfield since he moved from Newcastle United as this has let Newcastle become an even better club. A move to Anfield for Cavani seems extremely unlikely as his current club Napoli is a much better team than Liverpool is right now. A move to Manchester City could depend on City selling Argentina striker Carlos Tevez even though his agent has said that Tevez will be staying at City until the summer which has to frustrate Roberto Mancini. However, Manchester City definitely has the money to sign Cavani but Cavani probably prefer to stay at Napoli as he would be behind Sergia Aguero and Edin Dzeko on the depth chart plus City already has a good third striker in Mario Balotelli. A move to City doesn't make sense for Cavani either so I think that Cavani will definitely be staying at Napoli.

Chelsea RB Bosingwa is targeted by Roma and Juventus while Chelsea wants to sign Ajax RB Gregory van der Wiel as his replacement. Chelsea will not sign Willian.
Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas is preparing to sell rightback Bosingwa as Serie A sides Roma and Juventus are both plotting moves for the rightback who is out of contract in the summer and unlikely to return to Stamford Bridge. Both of these sides see Bosingwa as an upgrade on the backline as they make pushes to play in Europe next year. The veteran can add some experience to Antonio Conte's Juventus as they look to win Serie A this year without losing a single game as that is what they have done so far while Roma manager Luis Enrique knows that Bosingwa can help them in their pursuit of playing at least in the Europa League next season. However, Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has now decided to extend the rightback's contract as this will be a big sigh of relief for Bosingwa who wasn't sure where he would be playing at the end of the month. Meanwhile, Andre Villas-Boas is also targeting a move for Ajax and Dutch international RB Gregory van der Wiel. Van der Wiel is one of the best young rightbacks in Europe and has been linked with moves to other clubs across the Premier League including London rivals Arsenal and Premier League leaders Manchester City. However, Andre Villas-Boas now seems determined to try to sign the rightback from Ajax before the window closes this month. However, I don't think Ajax will let him go before the summer as they are right in the hunt for the Eredivisie title. Also, Villas-Boas has said that Chelsea will not sign Shakhtar Donetsk star Willian as he seems content with the squad he currently has. Willian will be disappointed with the Chelsea move collapsing but he will be happy to stay at Donetsk for right now.

QPR and Porto are after Marseille midfielder Lucho Gonzalez. QPR is also interested in Wigan FW Victor Moses and Wigan ST Hugo Rodallega, and QPR is joining Lille in the race to sign Tottenham CB Sebastien Bassong.
QPR manager Mark Hughes has been very active in this transfer window ever since he took over earlier this month as Hughes has already signed Nedum Onuoha and Taye Taiwo on loan from AC Milan. Hughes is close to completing his third signing of the window as Nancy CDM Samba Diakite is close to moving to Loftus Road on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season. Now, Mark Hughes is targeting a move for Marseille midfielder Lucho Gonzalez but Porto seems to have beat them to his signature as Lucho Gonzalez would love a return to the side that gave him his first shot in Europe before he moved to Marseille. The move to Porto is a loan at first but there is an option to buy Gonzalez at the end of the season. Meanwhile, Wigan forward Victor Moses's agent has revealed that QPR are interested in his client and this could be a sign that negotiations have already started for a Victor Moses move to Loftus Road. Victor Moses has been one of the best players this season for Wigan and Roberto Martinez will probably ask for 6 to 7 million euros. Roberto Martinez has not been able to get Victor Moses to sign a contract extension so Martinez may decide that now is the time to cash in on him. If Martinez decides to do that, Mark Hughes and QPR should definitely be the first in line to sign him. It seems much more likely now that Victor Moses will be headed to Loftus Road while his teammate Hugo Rodallega might also move with him to QPR. Rodallega is out of contract in the summer and Roberto Martinez has rejected a 4 million euro offer from QPR as he is holding out for 6 million euros. Everton manager David Moyes is also plotting a move for Hugo Rodallega as he may now have some cash to spend on a striker. However, QPR is definitely the favorite to sign him as Mark Hughes to get a fee worked out as Rodallega can be that goalscorer that they need at striker while Rodallega and Moses could form a good pair as striker and winger with their comfort with each other from being teammates at Wigan right now. Rodallega will end up at Loftus Road and not Goodison Park as QPR really wants him. Lastly, Mark Hughes is looking to sign a Tottenham player and it's not Steven Pienaar this time, it's CB Sebastien Bassong. French side Lille is also interested in signing Bassong as he could be a starter at either Lille or QPR. This could be a tough decision for Bassong as Lille could offer him a chance to play in Europe but QPR owner Tony Fernandes is looking at making QPR a team that can compete in Europe. However, Mark Hughes might try to sign Chris Samba from Blackburn so Lille could become his best option. Lille is no doubt the favorite against QPR to sign Sebastien Bassong from Tottenham with Bassong being on the top of Lille's transfer target list.

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar