Ole Miss needs to do a good job of finding a new head coach or they could be in this same situation in a few years. This is my list of who I think should be the next Ole Miss head coach.
1. Kevin Sumlin, Houston Head Coach
2. Kirby Smart, Alabama defensive coordinator
3. Charlie Strong, Louisville Head Coach
4. Larry Fedora, Southern Miss Head Coach
5. Butch Jones, Cincinnati Head Coach
6. Hugh Freeze, Arkansas State Head Coach
7. Gus Malzahn, Auburn Offensive Coordinator
Prediction: Larry Fedora will be next head coach at Ole Miss.
Sumlin and Strong will take jobs at better programs and Smart may not want to leave Alabama just yet. Larry Fedora would not have to move real far and he has done a succesful job of making Southern Miss one of the best non-AQ schools. Hugh Freeze of Arkansas State could be a sleeper in this race but is probably a more likely candidate for a school like Kansas.